Sunday, April 15, 2007


Thursday night Emi and I went to a wonderful concert of my friend Michelle Areyzaga from Chicago at the New York Festival of Song. The programs was called AMORES NUEVOS and featured four singers and a pianist. It was held at Weill recital hall at Carnegie Hall. Afterwards, Michelle invited us to a private party at the home of Jamie Bernstein, daughter of Leonard Bernstein. It was truly wonderful to meet her and I told her what a hero her father was to me. There were many pictures of Lenny all around the apartment as well as honors, medals, etc that he has won during his life. This Midtown west condo (near Columbus Circle) was apparently an "event space" that the Bernstein family had for entertaining functions such as this. Here is a picture of Michelle Areyzaga (left) as well as a picture of Jamie Bernstein the way she looks now (above) as well as when she was a kid with her father (top of page). Totally great New York experience! I didn't take any pictures but was able to find these pictures on the web.

1 comment:

Poptart said...

How fun!

I love the visuals. Keep 'em coming!
xoxos